Kim from Parisian Party tagged me for a blog post hoping to get me out of a blogging rut. When you've been blogging for 6+ years it feels like everything event related has been covered. It used to help me not to read my fellow coordinator's blogs but even that hasn't motivated me. I see their posts and think "yeah, I've covered that." Sooooo, here's a big shout out to Kim for calling me out on blast that I haven't blogged in 3 months... Thanks my friend. :)Rules:
1. You must post these rules. 2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog. 3. Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. 4. You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post. 5. Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged them.
Kim asked me these questions: 1) The best gift you’ve ever received? When I was 13 my older sister gifted me a bright yellow hob-nob lamp that I simply adored. Somehow, unfortunately, it got lost in one of my moves.
2) Something that everyone seems to love, but you don’t (i.e; a film, book, actor/actress, food or beverage, etc.) Ice cream. I hate to even say it having been married to a dairy guy for a quarter of a century.
3) Number one on your bucket list? See Europe.
4) Name your Junior High School crush? Let bygones be bygones...
5) Why did you start blogging? It was a way for me to connect with my clients before we even met. Is blogging a thing of the past? - I've been wondering that for quite some time now.
6) Cupcakes or Macarons? Definitely, cupcakes!
7) Your daily source of inspiration? Pinterest. I'm sorry to say since it's saturated right now.
8 ) What’s your family nickname (what do your parents/siblings/relatives call you)? Dase.
9) Paris, Vegas or Paris, France? Are you kidding me? Definitely Paris, France!!
10) Who’s the most famous person that you follow on Twitter? Good ol' Martha!
11) What do you hope to be doing (professionally or personally) this time next year? Not being laid up because I fell 8 1/2 feet and hurt both of my legs. That's personally. Professionally I'd like to be a name well sought out after.
Dear Kim, I hope you're happy. Dase
Here are my questions:
1) Vanilla or Chocolate?
2) Better to give or to receive?
3) Truth: Have you ever danced at an event that you were working?
4) Where is your #1 vacation spot?
5) Outdoors or indoors kind of gal?
6) Movie at home or in the theater?
7) It's Friday night... what are your ideal plans?
8) When I die I want to be remembered as _______________?
9) If you could cure one social injustice what would it be?
10) What's your favorite part of owning your own business? Your least favorite?
11) The first thing you'd do when you find out that you're holding the winning lotto ticket? ("call Daisy" should be right after that!)
Ok... I'm tagging:
Leslie Weeks of Leslie-Manning Events
Isis Petrie Williams of Posh Events
Jeannie Ward of Wedding Jeannie
Randi Hayes Martin of Always Fabulous Events
Linnyette Richardson-Hall of Premiere Events
Elizabeth Bailey of Elizabeth Bailey Weddings
And not least of all
Mark Kingsdorf of Queen of Hearts Weddings